Ground Disturbance - Best Practices
Get Same Day Certified in Ground Disturbance – Best Practices Training
Get the Ground Disturbance - Best Practices online course from Danatec. Training is available for initial or re-certification, and you can take the class on your own time, with features that make learning fun every step of the way!
Our Ground Disturbance – Best Practices course was developed for construction workers, general labourers, equipment operators, and anybody who has some interaction with ground disturbance events that doesn't have a locally endorsed program. The overall course content was developed using industry accepted best practice standards. Learn everything you need to know about the hazards associated with digging into the ground.
This Best Practices program is NOT acceptable for workers and supervisors that require endorsed programs by the following CCGA regional partners:
- Utility Safety Partners
Danatec’s Ground Disturbance – Best Practices online course is built in 2 modules to ensure that personnel are familiar with, and fully understand, all best practices and regulations involved with the basics of Ground Disturbance
- Understand the risks involved with a Ground Disturbance
- Learn damage prevention
- Understand what a Ground Disturbance is
- Understand your role in Ground Disturbance
Exam: A mark of 80% must be achieved to receive a certificate of completion. Participants can repeat the course a total of 3 attempts if passing mark not achieved. Upon successful completion students will be issued a training certificate valid for three (3) years. Certificates are non-transferable.
If you are looking for an endorsed course, please see our endorsed supervisor level training course.
Learners will find training content is comprehensive and detailed, using interactive elements to help the student learn the concepts of how to apply the training in the field. Training is delivered from a first-person perspective and focuses on worker and supervisor relations. Additional videos and a 3D Virtual Electrical Workplace are used to illustrate the concepts, and a defensible final exam.
Additional Course Features:
- Live support Monday to Friday, 7 am to 5 pm MST
- Interesting and engaging learning content created by industry experts
- Same day certification, begin your training in minutes
- Self-paced/Available 24/7
- Mobile/Tablet compatible
- Easily accessible—a stored record of training is available that can be shared if needed for auditing purposes or proof of certification
Looking for corporate pricing? Have a Ground Disturbance question? Speak to one of our safety experts, free of charge, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll-free at 1-800-465-3366.
This course was built in two logical modules:
Ground Disturbance Part 1
- Introduction to Ground Disturbance Part 1
- Damage Prevention: Who, How, and Why?
- What is Ground Disturbance?
- My Role as a Ground Disturber
- Understanding the Hazards
Ground Disturbance Part 2
- Introduction to Ground Disturbance Part 2
- Damage Prevention Stakeholders
- Why Do Hits Occur?
- Pre-Job Planning
- Searching the Area
- Locating and Marking
- Executing the Ground Disturbance Safely
- Completing the Ground Disturbance
- Exercise – Conducting a Ground Disturbance
Ground Disturbance - Best Practices Final Exam